Do you wish you had a whiter smile? Do stains on your teeth make you feel self-conscious? Have you tried the whitening products you can buy in the drugstore only to feel like you wasted your time and money?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, it’s time to see a cosmetic dentist for an effective whitening treatment. With teeth whitening, patients can get rid of the stains on their teeth and see results almost instantly!
How Do Teeth Become Stained?
There are many ways teeth can become stained and discolored.
- Coffee, tea, wine, and other beverages come into contact with teeth frequently enough to cause stains.
- The use of tobacco products, whether they are smoked or chewed, can stain teeth.
- Some patients who have used the medication tetracycline have experienced staining.
- Teeth can also become discolored or dull due to aging or genetics.
Because there are so many ways teeth can become less than pearly white, teeth whitening is a very popular cosmetic treatment. There are many options for patients to choose from to help them get the best smiles possible!
What Are the Options for Teeth Whitening?
The best teeth whitening option will depend on the individual, and your cosmetic dentist will be able to help you select the right treatment for you.
- Many patients can get the whiter smile they desire with an in-office whitening treatment. A whitening agent is applied to the teeth and then activated with a special light. Patients leave with a noticeably whiter smile.
- Some patients will experience better results with deep bleaching because it employs a stronger whitening agent to reach deep stains. This treatment method involves both in-office and at-home whitening sessions.
- For some patients, at-home teeth whitening is the best option. This method is often the most convenient, and for patients who have minimal staining, it can be sufficient.
Some patients will achieve the best results with a combination of these treatments, or by undergoing multiple treatment sessions until the desired results are achieved. Under the care of an experienced cosmetic dentist, you’re sure to find a whitening method that works for you. If you are interested in teeth whitening to improve your smile, give us a call or fill out our contact form today!