Frequently Asked Questions
What are porcelain veneers and what are their advantages?
Dental veneers are thin porcelain coverings that adhere to the front of your teeth. They are as durable as natural tooth enamel, yet as thin as a contact lens.
Porcelain veneers can remedy the following problems:
- Chipped teeth
- Teeth that have gaps
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Misshapen teeth (teeth that are too long or too short)
- Worn down teeth
Porcelain veneers typically take only 2-3 office visits to apply, and they can last between 10-20 years. They are a great cosmetic dentistry solution for any smile problem, making them an ideal procedure for persons with several smile shortcomings. Call our experienced cosmetic dentist to find out if veneers are right for you.
What are the differences between metal braces and Invisalign?
There are several major differences between Invisalign® and traditional metal braces. All of these differences make Invisalign a much more appealing way to straighten your teeth.
- Invisalign trays are invisible, so you won't be self-conscious about straightening your teeth.
- Invisalign trays do not irritate your gums the way metal braces do.
- You can still eat your favorite foods with Invisalign because the trays are removable.
- Invisalign trays can remedy all of the same smile problems as metal braces, including irregular bites, overcrowded teeth, and irregularly spaced teeth.
Because Invisalign offers all of the advantages and none of the disadvantages of traditional metal braces, they are a viable alternative. Consult our experienced cosmetic dentist for more information about Invisalign.
I don’t like the way my smile looks. Which cosmetic dentistry services are right for me?
Many patients have heard about extreme smile makeovers to get rid of heavily stained teeth, crooked teeth, and the like. Cosmetic dentistry procedures are sure to rejuvenate your smile. Our cosmetic dentist offers several options to create your dream smile:
Depending on the severity of your smile problems, our dentist can design a customized makeover plan utilizing several of these procedures.