Home Care for Healthy Oral Hygiene
Dr. Brett Silverman and our dental team care about your oral health. We would like to provide you with some tips and suggestions for effective home care.
Tips for Properly Brushing Your TeethAdvanced Cosmetic & Family Dentistry provides patients with certain recommendations for effective at-home oral care. We recommend that you:
- Brush your teeth 2-3 times per day.
- When you brush your teeth, brush for at least 2 minutes each time.
- Use the toothbrush softly and gently, being careful not to brush too hard, which can cause damage to your gums.
In addition to brushing, we also recommend that you limit your intake of high-sugar foods and beverages. This is an important step in cavity prevention.
Don’t Forget to Floss Your Teeth
- It is very important to floss your teeth the proper way, ensuring effective removal of plaque and other food particles.
- We recommend that you floss your teeth 1-2 times per day.
- If you have children at home, you can assist them with flossing until they are old enough to do so themselves.
Contact Advanced Cosmetic & Family Dentistry!
If you have any questions or concerns, we invite you to call us. When you come in for your appointment, one of our hygienists will spend the time with you to explain and show you the proper techniques.
Following an effective at-home oral care routine will promote healthy teeth and gums for the long run!