When you get ready for work in the morning and take one last look in the mirror before you're out the door, do you feel confident? Or is there something about your appearance that makes you feel a little less confident?
For many patients, their smile is something they are unhappy about. A less-than-beautiful smile can make you feel self-conscious and less confident. Many of our patients who choose smile makeovers can relate to this feeling.
Well in this article we're going to talk about smile makeovers (sometimes called smile restorations or smile reconstructions) with dental veneers. How does the process work? What's involved? What can you expect from the porcelain veneers process and a smile makeover?
So join us...
First let's talk about the basics...how come people get smile makeovers?
Reasons why people are unhappy with their smile…
There are so many reasons that people can be unhappy with their smile. A few reasons include:
- Crooked teeth
- Misaligned teeth
- Stained, discolored teeth
- Broken or chipped teeth
- Cracked teeth
- Uneven gum line
Now keep in mind these are just some of the reasons why people don't like the way their smile looks. There can be many more reasons, as well.
Bottom line: if you are unhappy with your smile for any reason, a smile makeover will help you.
Cosmetic dentistry to the rescue!
A smile makeover can fix all of the problems previously listed. It's as simple as that! Our cosmetic dentist will create a customized treatment plan so we can re-create your smile and fix your smile problems.
In addition to the fact that smile makeovers fix the previously mentioned problems, you can benefit even MORE.
Those who choose a smile makeover benefit from:
- Increased self-esteem
- Increased self-confidence
- Increased overall happiness
- Easier/more efficient brushing and flossing
Once your smile makeover is finished, you won't feel self-conscious or ashamed of your smile — you’ll smile at every opportunity!
So as you can see, you practically have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
But what's included in a smile makeover? How do cosmetic dentists perform a smile makeover?
Well, your cosmetic dentist will evaluate your smile and create a customized treatment plan to fix your smile. Your treatment plan will consist of any services you'll need in order to fix your smile problems.
Common services for smile makeovers include: tooth bonding, dental veneers, teeth whitening, crowns, and more.
But the focus of today's article is on dental veneers and how the process works, so that's what we'll talk about next.
Getting a smile makeover with dental veneers? Here’s what you can expect…
Two appointments are typically needed for dental veneers. Here's what happens during each appointment...
- The tooth will be prepared and shaped in order for the new veneer to fit perfectly. During this process, some of your natural tooth must be removed.
- The correct shade of white will be selected for the veneer. It will match with the rest of your teeth so you'll have a natural-looking smile. As a side note, if you are interested in teeth whitening, your cosmetic dentist may want you to whiten your teeth prior to getting veneers so that we can match the veneer properly.
- If necessary, your cosmetic dentist will take an impression in order to create and place a temporary veneer. The temporary will be worn until your next appointment.
- If necessary, the temporary will be removed.
- Your cosmetic dentist will temporarily place the veneer on the tooth to ensure proper fit and aesthetics.
- Once everything looks and feels good with the veneer, your cosmetic dentist will prepare the restoration.
- The tooth will get prepared for the bonding process.
- Your cosmetic dentist will permanently apply the veneer to the tooth for a secure, long-lasting fit.
- Finally, the tooth and veneer will be polished.
Sometimes a follow-up appointment will be necessary in about a week. During this appointment, the dentist will make sure the gums have responded well to the new veneer. If there is anything you decide you don't like about the veneer (such as the shape or feel), let the dentist know. He or she will be able to fix it during this appointment.
Want to know even more about veneers? Visit our webpage: http://www.acfdga.com/porcelain-veneers/
Want to know how you can benefit from veneers? Visit our webpage: http://www.acfdga.com/who-can-benefit-from-porcelain-veneers/
Choose dental veneers from our cosmetic dentist in Alpharetta, GA!
If you are unhappy with your smile and you're ready for a change, call Advanced Cosmetic & Family Dentistry today. We are located in Alpharetta, GA.
Rest assured, our cosmetic dentist has many years of experience with smile makeovers and veneers. We love creating beautiful, flawless smiles and we're ready to create yours today.
The first step is calling us to schedule a consultation appointment. We look forward to meeting you.