Please note, after-hour emergency calls are only for existing patients.
If you’re an existing patient or a new patient, you can schedule a same-day appointment (if our schedule allows). Dr. Silverman, or Dr. Morton will need to evaluate your situation to determine if they can extract the tooth on the same day.
If a tooth cannot be extracted on the same day, we will definitely make sure you’re comfortable until the extraction can occur.
So how do you really know if your situation is an emergency or if it can wait until your next checkup appointment?
5 signs you may need a same/next day tooth removal or emergency dental appointment
- Your tooth is severely damaged. If you have a big crack or fracture in your tooth or if your tooth is completely broken, you may have an emergency on your hands. Call our dentists in Alpharetta, GA for an emergency dental appointment.
- You are experiencing intense tooth pain that won’t go away. Pain obviously means that something is wrong. However, if you take over-the-counter pain medications (with the permission of your doctor) and the pain doesn’t go away or gets worse, then you most likely need to call us for an emergency appointment. Intense tooth pain is not fun so the earlier you can fix the issue, the better.
- You have swelling that doesn’t go away and becomes painful. Swelling can occur because of a tooth abscess, gum infection or an infected tooth. A bacterial infection should be taken care of as soon as possible. You should call our dental office right away if you have painful swelling that won’t go away. You definitely don’t want an infection to spread to any other part of your body.
- Your tooth was knocked out. Acting as fast as possible in this situation can increase the chances of saving your tooth. DO NOT TOUCH the tooth root or any remaining tissue near the knocked-out tooth area. If the tooth is in one piece, rinse it off and place it gently in the socket where your tooth once was located. If you are unable to place it in the socket, place the tooth in a cup of milk. Call our dentist immediately.
- Your crown popped off. This may or may not cause pain. Sometimes this can be an emergency and other times it can wait for a non-emergency dental appointment. It is best to call our office to see what we recommend in this particular situation.
If you’re experiencing any of those 5 situations (or any other similar dental emergency situation), call our dental office in Alpharetta, GA today.
Call today for your emergency tooth extraction appointment
Please call our office at 678-735-5946 in Alpharetta, GA if you need an emergency tooth removal appointment. Our business hours are:
Mon: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tues: 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
Wed: 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
Thurs: 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
Fri: 7:00 am – 3:00 pm
Dental emergencies are stressful, but we’re here to help you feel comfortable.