Teeth can become stained in many ways. Years of drinking coffee, smoking cigarettes, or taking certain medications can lead to discolored or splotchy teeth. Aging can also make the teeth look dull and unattractive.
Teeth whitening is one of the most popular cosmetic dental treatments because it can remedy these problems almost instantly, making a significant difference in the patient’s smile without being too drastic or very expensive.
Teeth Whitening Options in Alpharetta, GA
What is teeth whitening?
Teeth whitening is the process by which stains are removed from the teeth to make them whiter, brighter, and generally more attractive. It is a treatment that is purely cosmetic in nature.
Unlike the whitening products sold in stores, which remove some of the surface stains at best, professional teeth whitening treatments work by safely penetrating the tooth enamel to reach stains within the tooth. This is the best way to truly get the teeth whiter.
Who can benefit from teeth whitening?
- Patients who have teeth that are dingy, stained, or dull can greatly benefit from teeth whitening treatments.
- Coffee or wine drinkers as well as smokers can particularly benefit from the treatment, as these agents often lead to teeth staining.
- Overall, though, anyone whose teeth are natural (without crowns or other dental restorations, which cannot be whitened) can benefit from a teeth whitening treatment.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening
Why choose teeth whitening?
- There are so many reasons to choose teeth whitening!
- Getting a brighter, whiter smile can help you look younger and healthier.
- Many patients find that teeth whitening significantly increases their self esteem.
- It’s also one of the most affordable ways to make a big impact on the appearance of your smile.
What kinds of teeth whitening are available?
There are various methods that can be used to give patients the whiter smile they desire. In addition to in-office whitening treatments, patients can use whitening trays or strips at home to maintain the results.
When can I get my teeth whitened?
Provided you do not have major sensitivity issues or oral health problems, you can undergo a teeth whitening treatment at any time.
How is the service performed?
- Teeth whitening is an easy treatment.
- We apply a whitening gel that penetrates the tooth enamel, enabling it to scrub away at stains.
- During the treatment, the patient is able to sit back and relax.
- The treatment takes a little over an hour.
- The teeth will be whiter immediately, and will likely continue to whiten in the hours after the treatment. Some patients will need to undergo additional whitening treatments to achieve their desired results.
In the days after a teeth whitening treatment, patients will need to be careful to avoid beverages and foods that could stain the porous teeth, such as coffee or berries.
Professional versus store-bought whitening
Some people think that getting your teeth whitened at the dentist is nothing but a waste of money. That’s because they think they are getting the same products from the grocery store or drugstore.
In reality, the store-bought solutions are not nearly as strong as the professional options available from our dentists in Alpharetta.
The reason for this is that special training is required to safely administer the professional-strength whitening agent used for in-office dental whitening treatments.
Additionally, the OTC solutions will not whiten as much or last as long as the treatment from our dentists. They also take longer to whiten your teeth. What takes weeks to achieve with your store-bought solution can take as little as 45 minutes in our office.
So call Advanced Cosmetic & Family Dentistry in Alpharetta, GA to schedule your teeth whitening appointment.