What is there to know about getting braces as an adult?
1) Various types of braces for adults exist (Invisalign®, metal braces, etc).
Depending on the severity of your condition (how crooked your teeth are, the extent of malocclusion, etc), our cosmetic dentist will determine which orthodontic option is best for you.
Several treatment orthodontic options exist, including Invisalign clear braces, metal braces, clear braces, and more.
2) Straight teeth can help you take care of your teeth more efficiently.
Crooked teeth can promote bacteria buildup because there are more hard-to-reach areas. However, when the teeth are straight, it is much easier to floss the teeth and to brush. Taking care of your teeth in the most efficient way possible on a daily basis is very important for good, long-term oral health.
3) Orthodontics can help boost your self esteem and self confidence as an adult.
You may feel that your appearance is diminished because you have crooked, misaligned teeth. This may make you feel ashamed or embarrassed to smile.
However, after you undergo orthodontic treatment as an adult, you will see how much better you feel about yourself. You will be able to smile proudly since you won’t have to worry about your crooked, unsightly teeth any longer.
4) For those who have extremely crooked teeth, orthodontic treatment can help adults and teenagers speak clearly and eat more easily.
If you have severely crooked teeth, you know what we’re talking about. Speaking and eating are just two of several problems that people experience when faced to live with crooked teeth. However, these problems resolve when adults get braces.
5) If your teeth aren’t extremely crooked, you may not need Invisalign or traditional braces.
Instead, you may be a good candidate for porcelain veneers.
Veneers are a great cosmetic dentistry service to fix many types of flaws including chips, cracks, gaps, teeth that are too small, or teeth that are misshapen.
6) Our cosmetic dentist will answer your questions and determine which type of braces is right for you.
In order to do this, it is always best to come to our office for your no-obligation consultation appointment. In the meantime, feel free to browse our website and the many informative blog posts we wrote.