Veneers have become one of the most popular dental treatments in recent years because they can make such a dramatic difference in a patient’s smile.
Advanced Cosmetic & Family Dentistry provides porcelain veneers Alpharetta patients love!
Are veneers right for you?
Since some tooth preparation will likely be necessary, it is important to be certain that veneers are the best choice for you. A consultation will determine whether you are a good candidate for veneers.
Our patients choose veneers for a wide variety of reasons:
- Veneers can hide chips, cracks, and other flaws.
- Teeth that are slightly crooked, gapped, or too small are easily corrected with veneers; they make teeth appear straighter, more shapely, and flawless overall.
- For patients who wish to whiten their teeth more than whitening treatments will allow, porcelain veneers allow them to select the perfect shade. Patients who have severe staining can especially benefit from porcelain veneers.
- Some patients are after a “Hollywood” type of smile – one that is very bright and glamorous-looking. Veneers can be a very effective way to achieve this look. Other patients seek a more natural, subtle smile, and veneers can achieve that, too.
As you can see, veneers are very versatile. If you’re unhappy with your smile, chances are, porcelain veneers can fix the problem.
What is it like to get veneers?
Getting veneers is a fairly simple cosmetic procedure. The process usually takes place over two appointments.
- During the first appointment, the teeth are gently prepared to make sure the veneers do not appear bulky. This process involves removing a minimal amount of the patient’s tooth enamel. Then, the patient is able to choose exactly what the veneers will look like, including the size and shape of each veneer and the shade of white they will be. During this appointment, temporary veneers are placed over the patient’s newly prepared teeth, giving him or her time to get used to having veneers and allowing time for the veneers to be created in a dental lab.
- At a later appointment, the temporary veneers are removed and the custom-designed porcelain veneers are bonded to the patient’s teeth. Because they are made of porcelain, our veneers will match the rest of the patient’s teeth and appear natural and beautiful.
With good care, patients can enjoy their porcelain veneers for several years.
Advanced Cosmetic & Family Dentistry is a trusted provider of porcelain veneers. Our patients rely on Dr. Silverman and his team to help them achieve the smiles they’ve always wanted!
For more information about porcelain veneers or other cosmetic dental treatments, contact our office.