Benefits & Application of Veneers
Porcelain veneers are a very popular choice for patients who are interested in using cosmetic dentistry procedures to improve their smiles. Using thin layers of tooth-colored, translucent porcelain, our dentist, Dr. Silverman, can create the ideal smiles for his patients.
Veneers cover up cosmetic problems to give patients smiles that make them feel attractive and confident. Fortunately, most people are good candidates for this amazing treatment.
How are Veneers Applied?
- Veneers can usually be applied in just two dental appointments following the initial consultation.
- During the first appointment, a small amount of enamel is removed from the surface of the patient’s teeth that show when he or she smiles. Next, impressions are taken of the teeth in order to create the veneers. The patient is given temporary veneers to wear in the meantime.
- During the second appointment, after the veneers have been created, they are bonded to the teeth.
Who Should Get Veneers?
Nearly any patient who desires a new smile could benefit from getting porcelain veneers. In particular, good veneers candidates are people who:
- Have teeth that are slightly crooked or unevenly spaced but do not want to undergo orthodontic treatment
- Want larger and/or shapelier teeth
- Wish to disguise chipped, cracked, or broken teeth
- Have stains that cannot be corrected with teeth whitening treatments
- Desire an especially bright, white smile
Who Should NOT Get Veneers?
Conversely, some patients are not good candidates for veneers. This would include patients who have significant oral health conditions (such as untreated decay or gum disease).
In addition, veneers are usually not recommended for patients who have habits that could damage the veneers, such as nail biting or teeth grinding.
For many people who are unhappy with the way their teeth look, porcelain veneers are an excellent cosmetic treatment option. By scheduling a consultation with us, you can discover whether veneers are the ideal solution for your smile!